Christy Coté has been teaching, performing and choreographing Argentine Tango since 1996 and is one of the most respected teachers of Argentine Tango in the United States today. Her teaching method has been published in the Argentine Tango manuals and a series of 21 instructional videos. Equally strong as a leader or follower, her classes are about musical creativity with classic Salón Tango performed with strong dynamics.
Workshop Friday-Sunday, May 18-20, 2018. Details here.
Tango Tribe group classes
You’ve got Argentine tango training choices for experienced dancers, beginners, intermediates, and all levels. Check it out!
We always post our classes on the Austin Tango community calendar.
Wear comfortable, low heel shoes that turn easily on the floor, such as a leather soled shoe. An inexpensive choice for this is the Bloch or Sansha dance sneakers, such as https://www.amazon.com/Sansha-Salsette-1-Jazz-Sneaker/dp/B003VWCELW/, and you can find these locally at the Capezio Dancewear store in north Austin, or at Movin’ Easy Dancewear in the University area. But don’t worry if you don’t have the right shoes. We have Dance Socks to go over shoes to make them work nicely.
Only one mile west of Mopac (Loop-1) on the westbound Service Road of WEST Hwy 290/71 in southwest of Austin, the Oak Hill area. EASY on/off going east/west on West Hwy 290 or north/south on Mopac. NW corner of WEST US Hwy 290 service road and Industrial Oaks Blvd.
- When heading home, if you want to go toward town, exit the side parking lot onto Industrial, then go under the overpass and turn left.
- Using in-car GPS, set Destination to Intersection of Industrial Oaks Blvd and West Hwy 290.
- Going south on Mopac (Loop 1) take the West Hwy 290/71 exit and stay in the right lane to take the first EXIT: Monterey Oaks Blvd/Industrial Oaks Blvd. Just under a mile from the exit, at the first stop light, on the far corner you will see Austin Business Park and the Tango Tribe sign (under DONUT TACO PALACE). We are in Suite 105, to the left of the “Palace”.
- Going west on West Hwy 290, take that same exit and proceed as above.
- Going east on West Hwy 290 you will take that same exit then turn left (NOT the U-turn lane; use the 2nd lane) under the highway, and you’re there!
- Going north on Mopac (Loop 1) take the WEST 290/71 Sunset Valley exit. Cross Hwy 290, turn left and stay on the frontage road for one mile, and you’re there!