Argentine tango classes in Oak Hill
Tango Tribe classes in Argentine tango
New series starts February 2018
Group classes meet the first four Tuesdays of each month.
A full series of classes is four months: two of Tango, one of Vals, and one of Milonga
- Students who complete four months of Beginner classes or test out with the instructor.
- Intermediate students may attend the following Beginner class for free, and we encourage you to help beginners in their progress.
- Each month introduces figures that develop a theme. In addition to building your vocabulary, figures provide a context for how to make tango movement successful, and a context for improvisational possibilities.
- A progressive series that takes you through two months of Tango, one month of Vals, and one month of Milonga.
- You learn not only traditional patterns of tango, but also how to move, improvise, and create. You learn the codigos of the milonga (the social dance party). You learn about the history and music of tango.
- All woven together in ways that make it fun, interesting, and accessible.
8:15 Practice hour
- Free to every student that evening. $5 for visitors (free for first visit).
Drop-in attendance permitted. No contract or series requirement.
No partner required. (We rotate partners but don’t require it.)
Everybody learns both the leader and follower roles, because it helps everybody progress faster and farther.
Your first Tango Tribe class is free.
$12 a single class
$45 for five classes (= $9 a class) Discount package
$30 for five classes (= $6 a class) Half-price package
Special discount offered to those who purchase at an Intro to Tango session, and to those who refer a new student, where both the current and new student may buy the half-price package.
$1 a minute, 15 minute minimum
Cash, Check, and Credit Card accepted.
5446 West US Hwy 290 Service Road
Austin TX 78735-8820