Argentine tango classes in Oak Hill
Tango Tribe classes in Argentine tango
March 2018 Intermediate topic: Focus on Figuras
Group classes every Tuesday.
March Tuesdays INTERMEDIATE Class topic: Focus on Figuras
This month at Tango Tribe we embrace patterns — My way! Each week in the Intermediate class at 6:15 we’ll introduce a useful, interesting two-phrase pattern from the DVIDA syllabus. But our focus is not the pattern per se. We’re going to share ideas for:
* How can I learn a pattern quickly?
* How can I make use of a pattern when there’s not the space or music to fit it in?
* How can I personalize a pattern so it fits more comfortably on my current level of experience and technique?
* How can I recognize and seize opportunities to use a pattern, or part of it?
* How can I change up patterns? Extend/shrink them?
* How can I make a pattern part of my working vocabulary?
March Tuesdays BEGINNER Class topic: Tango 2. Circular movements. Pivots, Ochos, Molinetes.
FIRST LESSON FREE
No partner needed. Drop-ins welcome. Group discounts and scholarships available.
A full series of Beginner classes is four months: two of Tango, one of Vals, and one of Milonga
Please come early! We pack a lot of fun, learning, practice, coaching, information, and more into each lesson.
- Students who complete four months of Beginner classes or test out with the instructor.
- After an Intermediate class students may attend the following Beginner class for free, and we urge you to help beginners in their progress.
- Each month introduces figures that develop a theme. In addition to building your vocabulary, figures give a context for how to make tango movement successful, and a context for improvisational possibilities.
- A progressive series that takes you through two months of Tango, one month of Vals, and one month of Milonga.
- You learn not only traditional patterns of tango, but also how to move, improvise, and create. You learn the codigos of the milonga (the social dance party). You learn about the history and music of tango.
- All woven together in ways that make it fun, interesting, and accessible.
8:15 Guided Practice Hour
- Free to every student that evening. $5 for visitors (FREE for First Class).
Drop-in attendance permitted. No contract or series requirement.
No partner required. (We rotate partners but don’t require it.)
Everybody learns both the leader and follower roles, because it helps everybody progress faster and farther.
Your first Tango Tribe class is FREE.
$12 a single class
$45 for five classes (= $9 a class) Discount package
$30 for five classes (= $6 a class) Half-price package
Special discount offered to those who buy at an Intro to Tango session, and to those who refer a new student, where both the current and new student may buy the half-price package.
$1 a minute, 15 minute minimum
Cash, Check, and Credit Card accepted.
5446 West US Hwy 290 Service Road
Austin TX 78735-8820