“How does that work?” From the class you took, or the video or performance you saw.
“Why isn’t my partner doing . . . ?”
“How come you (me, we) are doing . . . ?”
Things to try:
* Working slowly.
* Stopping at inflection points.
* Working backwards.
* Me doing solo what I want my partner to do, so that I can feel in my body, what I would need to feel if I were them.
* Having someone who knows the move well lead me through it.
* Backing up only two movements before the trouble spot.
* Asking someone who knows, for help.
* Asking someone who might know, for help.
* Make a review a video of yourselves trying the move.
* Trying intentional variants of the desired move.
* Using the “I want more …” and “I want less …” formula for feedback. Where ‘…’ is a ‘measurable’ sensation. For example, “weight on my hand,” “pressure on my back,” “space in which to move.”