Christy Coté Workshop
Friday-Sunday, May 18-20, 2018
Tango Tribe dance studio (map)
Christy Coté — an American giant of Argentine tango
- From 1996, teaching, performing and choreographing Argentine Tango, and one of the most respected teachers of Argentine Tango in the United States today.
- Her teaching method has been published in the Argentine Tango manuals by Dance Vision, with a series of 21 instructional DVDs.
- Her Tango Bootcamps have attracted thousands of students since 2007.
- One of the featured teachers and performers for CITA, the annual International Tango Congress in Buenos Aires.
- In 2012 she became the first ever American judge for the Official USA Tango Championships, an annual event sanctioned by the Argentine Government.
- A founding member and choreographer of the all female tango company, Tango Con*Fusion.
Schedule and class descriptions
Friday 7:00 pm
Trading Places – Exploring lead/follow exchange.
Saturday 1:00 pm
Sacada Mania. Various Sacadas for the Leader and Follower, and how they can be easily improvised.
Saturday 2:30 pm
Milonga Pasos to Impress. Fancy Milonga pasos like Ochitos, Tijeras, Chasses, and even Colgadas!
Sunday 1:00 pm
Tango Pasión – Creating musical expression in your dancing. We explore 5 different styles of Argentine Tango music and how that informs the Leader’s & Folllower’s role.
Sunday 2:30 pm
3 Tips for a Beautiful Argentine Vals. Use of hesitations, leader’s play/follower’s embellishments, and phrasing for Vals.